Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stop Judging Me!

Stop judging me!  One blogger calls it "competitive parenting."  I call it, BACK OFF B*TCH!  The last two days Henry has been a whiny screechy mess.  I assume it is because Sunday night he didn't go to bed until 930pm - we drove back from Milwaukee around 8 and he didn't fall asleep in the car.  I took him swimming yesterday and he loved it, but in the post-swim shower he started screeching and screaming.  When he tantrums he clenches his fists, turns red in the face, closes his eyes (sometimes he throws his head and arches his back) and lets out a blood curdling raspy screech.  At this point I'm still not sure how I want to approach tantrums:  ignore or distract.  Yesterday I ignored - as there was nothing to distract.  I came out of the shower to another mother's ice cold glare.  I'm not sure why she felt the need to glare.  Maybe she thought I should've given him what he wanted to pacify him.  Who knows, but get off my back lady!  Let's do our best to avoid judging each other.  I know it's hard, but we're all doing the best we can.  The next woman who glares at me better watch out!

Although this USA Today article doesn't tell us anything we don't already know, I thought it was interesting.  And maybe for some moms it will help them realize how their judgy ways affect other moms.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-05-25-mommywars25_CV_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

2 comments:

  1. I needed this today, Joyce, as the baby has suddenly learned to wail and I'm afraid to go out for fear of those stares... Off we go on a walk, nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one can judge us mothers! I agree with your "back off bxxch!"!

    ReplyDelete