Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sleep ... zzzzzzzzzzzz


Every mom has her "thing" that makes her insanely controlling.  My thing is sleep.  I'm not sure if it was the books I read, or just my determination to control SOMETHING.  I concede that B.H. (before-Henry), I was a control freak.  I've since learned that I can't control everything, but I have been able to control Henry's schedule.  It seems Henry and many other children thrive on consistency: consistency in sleep; consistency in discipline; consistency in feedings, etc.  Routine is comforting!  Henry's babysitter says that he's so easy at naptime and bedtime that he "puts himself to sleep."  I credit his temperament (he takes direction well), and the routine we've had since he was 3 months old.

Of course, in the picture above, I committed my own cardinal sin - driving home during nap time!  We're almost always home for nap time (around 12:30), but on occasion I make an exception and hope he'll stay awake until we arrive home.  On this day, we had an action packed morning at the Lincoln Park Zoo, and Henry fell asleep in the car on the way home (around 12:30).  He had a lot of trouble getting back to sleep once we arrived home.  I know he had fun at the zoo though, so it was worth it!    

I've consolidated all my sleep posts below for convenience.  Good luck!  

Uppababy Bubble Aids Car Seat Naps - posted 7/14/10
Dropping the Morning Nap = Success! - posted 5/1/10
Black Out Blinds = Better Sleep - posted 4/14/10
Dropping the Morning Nap (Failed Attempt #1) - posted 3/15/10
Thumb Sucking - posted 2/3/10
Is Co-sleeping Dangerous?  - posted 1/14/10
Sample Baby Schedules 0-12 Months - posted 11/17/09
Sleep Training (cry it out (CIO) method) - posted 10/27/09

2 comments:

  1. The link for "dropping the morning nap = success" appears to be broken. Really wanted to read it because I am currently living "Dropping the morning nap = nightmare"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be fixed now! If it doesn't work, you can go directly to the post posted in May 2010. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete