Monday, March 29, 2010

Too Much Vacation




A week long vacation has taken its toll on Henry, and he had his first really horrible temper tantrum today. You probably think he’s upset because he’s not wearing pants.
You’re wrong. He’s upset because I didn’t allow him to eat pretzels for breakfast.
This morning, Henry awoke in his crib for the first time in a week. He was happy as usual. As I put together his waffle and milk breakfast, he discovered a bag of pretzels in my airplane carry on bag. I took the bag away (what toddler eats pretzels for breakfast), and he proceeded to scream, wail and flail for the next 20 minutes.  I tried giving him his waffles, which worked for a second until he remembered why he was upset.  Then I tried sitting at the table with him and looking away. Didn’t work.   Then I tried giving him oranges.   Didn’t work. Next I took him out of his high chair and attempted distracting him with toys.  No dice.  Finally, I put him back in his chair, turned my back to him and read a magazine.  Worked like a charm.   He stopped crying and ate his breakfast.

Scoreboard: Momma 1. Henry 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment