Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Documenting Baby's First Year


Henry’s First Birthday is TOMORROW!  I cannot believe that exactly 1 year ago my OB/GYN was calling to tell me to get to the hospital for immediate induction.  I’ve decided to document each year with a personalized picture book.  I chose kodakgallery.com, but also like the Apple books.  I selected my favorite pictures from each month – there are so many, and wrote up captions describing his likes, dislikes, developmental milestones, etc.  I also have a traditional baby book, but this 1 year picture book is more visual and brings it all together nicely.  I'm hoping I will continue to do this for each year and each child.  As the youngest of 3, I'm well-aware of the likelihood of achieving my goal.  I was always bitter that my two older siblings had leather bound gold embossed baby books, and I had nothing.  So, I do have a some bitterness to keep me going!    


Birth: 7 lbs 5 oz, 21 in
1 month:  9 lbs 13 oz, 21.5 in
2 months:  13 lbs 5 oz, 23 in
4 months:  16 lbs 15.5 oz, 26 in
6 months:  19.4 lbs, 27 3/4 in
9 months:  21.6 lbs, 29 in
12 months:  his doctor's appointment is in January







No comments:

Post a Comment