Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gymboree Bubbles

I'm mad at the recession. Some of you may think that in my old age, I’m 30 today, I’ve become cynical and bitter. But I was mad at the recession yesterday too, when I was still in my 20’s, so you’re wrong.

But on the bright side, Gymboree has amazing super bubbles. When compared to regular market bubbles, they burst every other competitor's bubble. While regular bubbles quickly succumb to gravity and pop upon immediate contact with anything, Gymboree bubbles magically float suspended in the air like Willy Wonka's fizzy lifting drink. They also happily land on baby hair, carpet, etc. without popping. Gymboree bubble babies grab at each other's hair and stomp on the carpet to pop the shiny globes. Apparently, Gymboree is well aware of their super bubbles, and have decided to charge high prices for the magical sphere making serum ($6). Once in a while you can find the bubbles on sale at Gymboree class locations for half off. If you don't live near a Gymboree and must have these magical bubbles, Amazon sells the bubbles along with a game, which explains the $11 price point.

Apparently bubbles are great for hand eye coordination, and early reading skills. Who knows if this is true, but our music class instructor informed us that tracking bubbles prepares the eyes for reading. Who knew?

I just think it's awesome to stand or sit amidst a million bubbles suspended in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment